The EGS council has compiled an online booklet to help students along with their transition to living in the Hamilton area as well as learning how school processes work. You can download the booklet below.
- Campus map here.
- Registration, payroll, avenue to learn email links can all be found through mosaic
- Mandatory training through EOHSS
- Find your EGS rep to use as a source of information
- See the school of graduate studies website for lots of information on course requirements, thesis requirements (grad calendar), fees, scholarships and funding
- Check out the cupe3906 website for your TA hours of work forms, collective agreements and your health coverage benefits and forms
- Check out the GSA website for information on your health coverage benefits and forms and upcoming issues/events relating to all graduate students.
- SGS provides a supervisor relationship agreement form you can fill out with your supervisor to establish expectations of both parties during your graduate studies
- Information that is particularly useful to international students can also be found on the ISS website and on the school of graduate studies website
Useful Tips from Graduating Grad students
- Use a reference manager https://www.mendeley.com/
- Make frequent detailed reports of EVERYTHING that you are doing. It makes the writing at the end go a lot smoother.
- BACK UP YOUR DATA!!! Dropbox, Google Docs, Cloud
- Use your resources, find out what grad students are good at and learn from them
- Plan, from the beginning, for what you want to do when you finish
- You may need to use Latex