The EGS council has compiled a brochure for students new to Hamilton for Engineering Graduate Studies. You can access this brochure here: 2018 EGS pamphlet.pptx
- Campus map here.
- Registration, payroll, avenue to learn email links can all be found through mosaic
- Mandatory training through EOHSS
- Find your EGS rep to use as a source of information
- See the school of graduate studies website for lots of information on course requirements, thesis requirements (grad calendar), fees, scholarships and funding
- Check out the cupe3906 website for your TA hours of work forms, collective agreements and your health coverage benefits and forms
- Check out the GSA website for information on your health coverage benefits and forms and upcoming issues/events relating to all graduate students.
- SGS provides a supervisor relationship agreement form you can fill out with your supervisor to establish expectations of both parties during your graduate studies
- Information that is particularly useful to international students can also be found on the ISS website and on the school of graduate studies website
Useful Tips from Graduating Grad students
- Use a reference manager https://www.mendeley.com/
- Make frequent detailed reports of EVERYTHING that you are doing. It makes the writing at the end go a lot smoother.
- BACK UP YOUR DATA!!! Dropbox, Google Docs, Cloud
- Use your resources, find out what grad students are good at and learn from them
- Plan, from the beginning, for what you want to do when you finish
- You may need to use Latex