The momentum is growing, it is almost time …
We intend the EGS to be officially recognized by the Dean’s Council meeting in January. For this to happen, we must fulfill our obligation of collecting signatures of 10% of the student body we are to be representing. While we are not ones to be caught doing the bare minimum, we are aiming for more like 30%-50% petition signatures to be presented. We have also been busy! Here’s a quick breakdown of the great things we have done just this semester.
- completed our constitution and bylaw documents, available on this site
- hosted several fun events and information sessions
- organized an information booklet and Buddy system for new grad students
- acted quickly and meaningfully on the Grad Payroll issue that has come about of the new university payroll system
- participated at all administrative Councils and Committees relevant to the Graduate Student experience
In the meantime, we are busy getting this site filled with content and properly polished up and filling up our petition lists with signatures. We look forward with optimism and focus to the exciting time ahead.